Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wake yourself up, you've been dreaming again..

It's been over a week since we finished our blogging challenge..and I don't wanna fall off the face of the blogging planet again!

It's been so pretty outside..I've been spending as much time as I can when I get off of work outside. I've been walking (it seems as if jogging/running is out for now until I resolve my hip issues, which actually seem to be almost resolved! I'm still going to wait awhile before I start pounding the pavement again..) outside almost every single day on a dirt road in the back. The farmer's/workers are used to seeing me back there by now. At first, they would drive by me a few times probably trying to figure out what the heck I was doing..but now I get a friendly wave. I really can't wait to start running again. I wish I had an elliptical machine! I actually secretly have always seen them as machines that older people with bad knees and hips use because it's bad on your joints to run on harder surfaces..but I guess I should start paying attention to my own joints and listen to my body. Why do I have to be so dang hard headed??

I took a page out of sister in law's book and made mexican lasagna tonight..although, I can't make it as good as her..I tried to cut corners with calories as much as possible..I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream (always!) and ground turkey and I even grated up some squash in there to add more vegetables (and I need to get rid of it before it went bad..). It came out pretty good.
I am going to attempt to make a chocolate cake tomorrow using..wait for it..avacados..date paste..coconut milk..dark chocolate cocoa powder..well that's all of the ingredients I can think of right now. Soooo I'm soaking my dates overnight to make the paste. Sounds gross, right?? It's gonna be soo good. Well. It LOOKS good in the picture..almost like cheesecake :) I'll have to write about it after I make it.

This weekend I will be going to my first gender reveal party for one of my friends..I'm excited about it! It seems like a lot of people are doing these now..I mentioned it to the hubs and he just looked at me with a blank face..and couldn't understand why anyone would ever do that. Leave it to him to ruin an exciting moment ha! okay, I'm jk..mostly :)

I should really go get some rest..Tomorrow is going to be an extremely busy day..I just want it to be over so it will be the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Those are really popular! When Susan and Al did it, I didn't understand. But it's so fun! (Is this for Sam and Jesse?) Please tell me how they reveal it! People can be so creative.

    ReplyDelete